Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Playing with baking soda and vinegar

Another fun activity for the kids. 

Inspiration for playing with baking soda and vinegar

This is pretty self explanatory.  Set up a bin and give the kids baking soda and vinegar to pour together and watch the reaction.  I added food coloring for fun.  This activity is pretty much completely full of win.  It's extremely cheap (2 for $1 1 lb containers of baking soda from the dollar store, and a gallon jug of vinegar for $2 will keep them occupied for quite awhile), both kids (15 months and almost 3 years) can enjoy it together, and instead of making a mess, it actually cleans my house.  After they're done, all I had to do was mop my floor with a dry mop.  The baking soda and vinegar are actually natural cleaners, and mopping quickly left my floor cleaner than before!  I could not love this activity anymore than I currently do.

Total cost: $2
Total time: 2 lbs of baking soda and a gallon of vinegar kept them both occupied for about 45 minutes
Total mess: A quick mop actually left my floor cleaner!

No comments:

Post a Comment