Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Robot snacks

I thought this was a really cute, healthy, snack idea for the kids.

Inspiration for robot snacks

Materials:
  • single serve applesauce
  • juice boxes
  • small single serve raisin containers
  • individually packaged pretzel rods
  • plastic spoons
  • tape
  • sharpie
I gathered all my materials and was excited to get started.  I decided against using pretzels for the arms, as it was we already had a package of pretzels and I didn't feel like wasting money on individually wrapped pretzels for arms.  I used the sharpie to make eyes on the upside down applesauce containers.  I set all the snacks on top of each other and they looked adorable.  But when I tried to attach the snacks together, I realized it was nearly impossible to actually get everything to stick together right.  I managed, but wasted a ton of tape, and tried other attachment methods to no avail.
Adorable, but not really worth the hassle and waste of materials.
The end project was cute, but I don't think I'll be doing this again.  It might be nice for my students at school, but for the kids at home, there was no reason to buy individually packaged snacks.  These robots aren't really transportable, so they just sat in my cupboard and my kids were not overly impressed with them.

End result: not worth the time, money, and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment