Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Loaded baked potato dip turned into twice baked potato recipe

This looked so delicious I started craving it after I saw the picture and had to make it immediately.

Inspiration for loaded baked potato dip

Ingredients:
  • 8 ozs sour cream
  • a lot of bacon
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • some chopped scallions
  • chips to dip
All you do is cook up the bacon, then mix all ingredients in a dish and let sit in the fridge for an hour or so.  First, there was no way I was letting this deliciousness sit in the fridge.  I started eating it as soon as I was done mixing it.



So both my husband and I immediately started chowing down, dipping potato chips non stop in this delicious concoction.  After we inhaled half the dip in a matter of minutes, I realized it would be quite easy to make this indulgence slightly healthier by making it into twice baked potatoes.  We happened to have baked potatoes already cooked, so I took two large potatoes out, gutted them, added the potato to the remainder of the dip, and put the entire mixture back into the empty potato skins.  I then re-baked the potatoes for about 30 minutes.  And, viola, dinner instead of snack.  Unfortunately, we ate those twice baked potatoes so fast I couldn't even take a picture.  They were that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment