Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sprouting cupcakes

For Wyatt's birthday, I made sprouting cupcakes:














Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the process, as my camera is broken.  But it was really simple.

Materials:
  • Chocolate cake mix
  • green frosting
  • green fondant
  • green sprinkles
  • mini cupcake tin 
  • mini cupcake holders
  • small terra cotta pots
  • toothpick
All I did was make up the cupcake batter, and bake mini cupcakes in the cupcake tin.  Once they were cool, I placed them in the terra cotta pots, and decorated.  I used store bought green fondant and used small amounts to design "sprouts" to stick into the cupcakes.  I used a toothpick to dig a little hole and just placed the sprout fondue into the cupcakes.  I decorated some with fondant and some with frosting, and then sprinkled green sprinkles on top.  They turned out really cute!  And they were definitely yummy!

We used the terra cotta pots to plant flowers in as part of the birthday party activities.  So after the kids made their own ice cream and ate cupcakes, they planted flowers!

Total time: about 1 hour total, prepping, baking and decorating
Total cost: about $15 total
Total deliciousness: definitely worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment