Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bouncy balls

I was so excited about this project, but ended up pretty disappointed.  I saw two different pins for how to make homemade bouncy balls:

Inspiration for bouncy balls 1
Inspiration for bouncy balls 2

I tried both of these methods, and still did not end up with a nice round bouncy ball to play with.  Here's some pictures from the first attempt:
Wyatt adds glue
Emma helps stir
Almost done
End result

I was far from impressed with the results, as it was basically just the same slime that we had made a few weeks ago.  The ball did not hold shape, and would melt into the table within a minute of being left alone.  Also, the balls didn't bounce!

But then I saw the second pin, with a slightly different way of making these balls.  With renewed hope, I tried several different attempts at mixing everything to make the balls correctly.
They're *kind of* balls.
 I did end up with two semi-ball shaped objects, but again, they did not bounce and they were imperfect balls.  When left alone, they would slowly become flat, and when I restructured them, they had wrinkles in them.  Still unimpressed.
The end result with containers of slime underneath, which were failed attempts at making other bouncy balls.

End result: not worth the time and energy attempting to make these.  Stick with slime.  It's just as fun and less difficult to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment